Tower of London

Tower of London

Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Checking In...

Hi Everyone,

I just realzed it has been a little while since I posted to let you know where I was I arrived back in London after a wonderful time in Ireland on Monday. It was quite the adventure! We took a taxi to the boat to the bus to the train to the tube and then we used our feet to finish the journey. 12 hours later and we were back home to our Stamford Street Flats at King's College. I don't know about any of my travel buddies, but I for one was saying "Home, Sweet Home."

Speaking of home, it's only a few more days now!!!!!!! I have lots to do before I leave London, but I am excited to see everyone real soon. Stick with me on the blog once I get back because pictures will be going up daily as will further details about my adventures abroad. For example, did you know that there is a site in Ireland that is similar to Stonehenge, but it appeared more than 1000 years earlier than Stonehenge and 500 years earlier than the pyramids? Neither did I until last week.

Also, I must remember to tell you all about driver Tony and the guy we saw getting arrested, but those are stories for when I have time to regroup. School work must be done this week, as much as I hate to waste a minute of the time I have here, I do have responsibilities to my classes and I want to make sure that I am on the right track before I come home to Rhode Island and my professor returns to Mississippi.

I will leave you for now with this: One of my dear friends on this trip almost had an international incident at Parliament. Why, you ask? It had to do with her knickers and her necklace.

When she was about to go through the metal detector she asked if she should take her necklace off. Well, the two adorable elderly security guards thought that this beautiful American woman had asked if she should take off her knickers.

Security Guard #1: (blushing profusely) "Well, you don't have to but if you want to I suppose you can." Security Guard #2: (also blushing a little while laughing heartily) "What, she wants to take her knickers off? I told you it was going to be a great night!"

Needless to say, she kept her knickers where they belonged and we managed to somehow make it through security without being pulled into some small room for questioning about our intentions in Parliament! She made the guards night and watching the live action of Parliament was one of the highlights of our trip. (Believe it or not, the antics of the House members was even crazier than that of the guards!)

See, if you stay with me next week you will get more of this great juicy behind the scenes action! I'll be back soon.

Love,
Mis

No comments:

Post a Comment