Tower of London

Tower of London

Saturday, August 8, 2009

A Space of One's Own

I love my room in London! Cozy is the way I would describe it. It is not as nice as the pictures on the website make it appear, but that is okay. Once I got here and made it my own, it was even better (and I think I had a better layout!) It has everything that I need-a bed, a reading chair, a desk and office chair, closet, refrigerator, and even a private bathroom! I share the kitchen area, but that only makes the room cleaner and cozier.

For years, I have wanted an area that felt like this in my home. To put things in perspective, my entire room here is only slightly larger than a prison cell (okay, it might be the size of two cells). But the fact that I have a desk and three comfy reading areas make this my ideal space.

My husband has been yelling at me for years now that our entire apartment is not an office. Yet, when I got my laptop, the idea of a desk for me was nixed because the theory was that with the laptop I should be able to work from anywhere in the house.

I realized in London that I really do love having my own desk as much as I thought I did. In our next home, I want my own little corner where I have a desk and maybe we could put a reading chair and a futon there as well and make that area a family corner. We can have a real cozy are to sit and talk and let our creative juices flow.

I would love for Tony to have his own work area, so maybe we can keep the studio a family area and find a place where he can have a dedicated "Tony Only" space. As long as I get my desk, I don't care what you do in your part of the house. How do you like that idea buddy?

It is amazing how much you can get done when you don't have a television. It is even better when you love the space because it feels like it was made just for you!

I will certainly miss my London home. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the entire staff of the Stamford Apartments at King's College. My stay was wonderful and you were such a pleasure to get to know. I will forever have amazing memories of my "Room of One's Own".

No comments:

Post a Comment